How to help my child pooping? adult content

Ok so it sounds funny....but it's not my neice has currently started living with me. She has always had a hard time pooping pushing and letting go of the poop from her butt....I know it is gross but she seems to be in a lot of pain and the doctors just say give her laxitives, however I know that in the long run that can hurt what her body is suppose to do on it's own, besides her poop isn't that hard???? Any ideas...Sorry if this grosses you out, figured we are all moms and if anyone can help it's one of you! Thanks

Sammey

Asked by Sammey at 2:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try stool softeners for a while, give her more fiber, have her drink more water. :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Thank you very much for your advice I will try more of each of these!
    Sammey

Comment by Sammey (original poster) at 2:57 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Apple Juice and lots of fruit! My daughter has a hard time pooping also and she complains that it hurts so we have been giving her apple juice and it's helped her, especially the juicy juice, omgosh she poops alot with that, I was also told to put her on activia but we haven't quite done it yet, maybe you can also try that.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Hmm. It could be possible that she has trouble working the muscles of her rectum. I would consider taking her to a doctor. I'm not sure exactly what kind of doctor specializes in that - a proctologist? A gastroenterologist?

Maybe do some research about muscles of the rectum & anus and see if it sounds like that could be the problem...?

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:01 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• That sounds great too with all of those ideas I should be able to get her regular...much better in my oppinion than just putting her on laxitives! Thanks
    Sammey

Comment by Sammey (original poster) at 3:01 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Thank you very much that sounds like a good idea too!
    Sammey

Comment by Sammey (original poster) at 3:02 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• id give her more water and more fiber filled foods. like raisins,apples,if not allergic nuts.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 3:24 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Try pears, they work for my daughter
    RAI2001

Answer by RAI2001 at 5:34 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Apple or Prune juice. Depending on how old she is, you can also use suppositories. My DD used to have a hard time pooping so we would give her suppositories. Thankfully she hasn't had any problems in a while. I think it's because she eats a lot more fruits and vegetables now.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Just be careful with the apple and prune juice. If you give her too much she will end up pooping like mad! I give my daughter aloe juice. It helps keep her regular....she calls it her poo juice. I get mine from an on line company called Market America. The juice is calle Ulitmate Aloe and comes in a nice flavor. I give her a shot glass full a day and it helpe her a lot. Good luck to you, I hope you figure something out.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:33 AM on Sep. 8, 2010