After evey sneeze, I get stomach pains. Is that normal and should I be worried?

There is no blood and Maddi's movements become more noticeable/painful. Im currently in my 7th month and not sure if I should worry.

Child_of_Youth

Asked by Child_of_Youth at 3:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would think its just the position shes laying in. If you have no other symptoms I wouldnt be worried. Im sorry that your in pain though =(
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I'd let your doctor know but most likely its just ligament pains, your belly is growing and stretching and when you sneeze or cough you put pressure on your belly and it'll hurt. One time, I sneezed and it hurt so bad I fell to the floor, I told my doctor and she told me about the ligament pains.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I agree with the other moms. It's probably just a ligament or pulled muscle. Sneezes are very violent on your body. As long as the baby is moving and there is more contractions or blood, it should be fine. Just mention it to your doctor.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:56 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yep! ligament pains! and they can be excruciating!!! one of those support belts helped me a lot. ask your OB or MW about them...mine actually came from the MW office
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I agree with everyone else...I have had some major allergies since I've been pregnant and sneezing hurts something fierce...it usually goes away pretty quick and the baby is usually kicking away, so I tend not to worry. I know it sucks, but try to hang in there...only 2 months to go!! : )
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• oh, also, if you know youre about to sneeze or cough, try to 'hug' your belly, kind of pull in and up with your arms, or use a pillow, and support those ligaments and muscles during it...its hard when your really big preg i know but if you can get the hang of it it does help...after you have the baby it will help too
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Thank you all for your replies. :)
    Child_of_Youth

Comment by Child_of_Youth (original poster) at 2:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2010