good name?

my mother in-law wanted my boyfriend and me to have a girl because she hated the name we picked out for a boy.

girl=haley alexis
boy=tripp (matthew)

is really a horrible name for a child. i think its creative. ????

alexiscasto

Asked by alexiscasto at 11:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The girls name is adorable but the boys is a little different. Dont worry about what your MIL says because its not her kid. Dont let her get to you. If she wants to pick out a name tell her to have more kids! LOL :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It is kind of weird, but weird is good. =] And no it is not horrible, just unusual.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 11:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Name him what you want and don't listen to anyone else. I let my mother nag me until I changed a name and regretted it ever since.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 11:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Tripp sounds a little drug-related, sorry.
    Anonymous

• I like it...But my advise is don't tell anyoner the name in the future....then you will see a baby w/ the name and they won't want to make fun of the baby...
    Anonymous

• I think you're going to have a son that has to fight issues of other kids with that name. IMO
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• tripp is a horrible name, he will be picked on indefinately.
    Anonymous

• It used to be a fairly common name.. And while it's not my cup of tea I do think it's a cute name. This is your child, hon, and it's your choice what to name him. She had her kids. She got to name them. Now it's your turn. If you like Tripp, name him Tripp. We've got some 'creative' old-world names of our own and let me tell you.. The families fought us on them.

Much love,
    Jen: Mommy to Leylan Sully, Lochiel Rhys, Corvyn Dempsey, and Molly Mae
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 12:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I love the name Tripp, if my fiance & I ever had another kid (we really hope not) that's what it's name would probably be. Really, don't pay any attention to what anyone says about your choice of names. Those people got to name their kids whatever they wanted & now it's your turn with your own baby. People are just stuck choosing all these common names because of what other people will think. My fiance & I named our son Shooter Monroe Major, I get a lot of "Now what's his REAL name?" after they ask what his name is or "Why'd you name him that?". Well, why'd you name your kid whatever their name is? I really couldn't care less what people think of his name, it's his own unique name, that he'll more than likely love since I doubt there will be any kids in his class with the same name.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 12:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I like Tripp Matthew. I think it is very different, but a very good name, at the same time.
    olivejuicebby

Answer by olivejuicebby at 1:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2008