My 3 month 2 week old little girl wants so bad to sit up and she gets so aggrivated that she can't do it. Is there anything I can do to help her sit up

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get her a Boppy pillow. My youngest was like that, too, and this supported her enough to make her feel like she was sitting up, plus it helped her learn how to balance and strengthen her muscles.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 11:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Bumpo-found at target for ~ $30. My son loved it!
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My son was same way. The boppy worked but not as well as having him sit on our lap. My son was sitting up on his own before 5 months with great posture and balance. We also used the hichair so he couldn't fall over while building muscle
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 12:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Um I dont know if you have ever seen the little leap frog drum but it is perfect for a little one to sit around. Thats what we used to teach our baby to sit up, we sat behind her of course at first but slowly moved away as she got stronger and stronger :D
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• She needs to get stronger back muscles first. I would make sure she gets plenty of tummy time during the day so she can practice pushing up with her hands. When you are with her, you can prop her up in the corner of the sofa and she can get a taste of sitting up. Babies want to sit upright more at that age because they are becoming more social and don't want to miss any of the things going on around the house.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Tummy time helps hugely. Molly is my fourth and I've found my boppy to be a lifesaver at this point. Great for nursing, sure, but if you circle it around their tummy and put a pillow behind them to create a backrest it works out super. She sits on the bed like that and watches me fold laundry. lol
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 12:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Bumbo chairs are wonderful at that age. They are completely supportive, and help baby strengthen their back muscles and learn to sit up on their own. My son loved his. The only drawback is that they are $40, and babies grow out of them pretty quick. You can probably buy one used and much cheaper on ebay or something.
    Rachelou

Answer by Rachelou at 2:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• A bumbo sitter- very pricey, I don't have one, but I wish I did.

I ended up wearing my son in an upright playtex hip hammock wich I love and does not hurt my back like the baby borjn. He loved it and I could get work done.
    ReachtotheStars

Answer by ReachtotheStars at 3:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008