Does A need Jesus more than B?

Does anyone ever feel like some people in this world need religion more than other people?
That perhaps some people need to have the belief and practice to be “good” persons. For them to behave in a courteous, giving, loving, and caring, humble, etc. manner they need to have the guidelines and teachings of their faiths to guide them.
And at times it seems that some people are simply able to have good virtues without following a religion. What do you think?
I have known people that need to be in the habit of going to church and really getting involved with their religion because when they are not they aren’t able to make decent decisions. Are these types of people weaker? Or, would you argue that they are stronger because they need “God” more and are willing to seek him (if only sporadically for some) for strength?
If this question makes sense to anyone please feel free to add your thoughts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• No..I think we all need Jesus the same.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree..we all need Jesus the same. The Bible tells us that we are all sinners and that we all need Him. While it may be eaiser for some to follow their "religion" then others I think it mostly has to do with how close you are to God. Some people I beleive can be closer to him..in a relationship sense, which makes it easier to obey and do the right thing. But one person does not need Jesus more then another.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 12:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• THE PARABLE OF THE VINE AND THE BRANCHES.

John 15:1-7.

I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. Every branch in me that bears not fruit he takes away: and every branch that bears fruit, he purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, except you abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches: he that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i believe that god wants us to worship him in his house when asked to and not just when we are going through a hard time. there is temptation every day and going to church keeps you strong. we grow in our faith by learning the teachings and taking part in serving the lord. who is to say one is weaker then the other cause even when someone goes to church on a regular basis could be struggling more then the one who doesn't. someone who doesn't go to church and doesn't have a testimony doesn't realize that they are sinning and putting their salvation in danger. like my best friend sleeping around, drinking and never attends church. her life never seems as hard as mine at times but i go always and the lord asks me to endure and i do.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• People have good "virtues" because they were raised to respect them by their parents or guardians. Sometimes this has to do with religion, sometimes it doesn't.

We are what we were made. Rarely do our minds change.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• MamaLion- how does that account for the people that I know that only have good virtues when following a religion, because their parents were just as messed up as they are? those people have to follow in order to know how to behave the right way. sad really.
    Anonymous

• Religion is man-made...believing in Jesus is not a religion. Believing in Jesus is being a Christian.

Everyone needs Him the same. I do believe that some people have more patience and control than others...it's not something you're born with...it's learned. Some people aren't taught how to have such control or patience from an early age and get a later start. It's all in how we're taught to deal with stressful situations, decision making, etc.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• No, I think we all need God the same. There are some people that need to reach out to God more tho.
    Anonymous

• I definitely think some people need religion more than others. I don't need it, hubby could use a little, wink. Some of his family members have led horrid (to me) lives until they found religion. I can't honestly say that it changed who they intrinsically are, but they're sure acting like it.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I believe in goodness, charity, and moral behavior because it is in my own best interests to care, not because some imaginary deity demands it. I am less likely to get in trouble if I refrain from lying, drinking, and all other vices, and that ends up being good not only for me but for everyone. I am an Atheist Witch who shows courtesy to others and donates to charity because I want to. I really do believe the theory that some people just NEED to have a god in charge because they are too weak to do it themselves!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2008