How do you feel about abortion regulation?

I for one would never have an abortion, but I also dont feel I should make that choice for another woman. HOWEVER I do think there need to be regulations on abortion. For one, after two abortions you should be able to think OH that's what causes it and find more effective birth control, and not be allowed to have more abortions. I also dont think abortions should be allowed after the first trimester, maybe 14 or 15 weeks. Hearing about abortions happening at 22-23 weeks makes me soo sick to my stomach... A good friend of mine had a baby born at 23 weeks and now he is a happy healthy toddler.... Anyway just wondering what you other ladies think about this.

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think abortions past 13 weeks are wrong. Of course i think abortions anytime are wrong and murder. If you have not figured out by 13 weeks that you are pregnant than you must be an idiot. I think abortions should be illegal except in the cases where the mothers life is in danger or an ectopic pregnancy. yes that even means That I think a child concived in rape has the same right to life as one concived in love. I dont think abortions are right for any reason and the only ones that are understandable are when the mothers life is in danger.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I believe abortion should not be allowed unless the baby puts the mother's life in danger.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 12:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree. Luckily partial-birth abortions ARE illegal. Giving a women these rites is what makes us a free country and we just have to repect it. You kinda just have to be happy that you would never do this and pray for the babies of the women that do. It should NEVER be a form of BC!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I also agree with the first answer!!!
    Steph319

• I agree with everything you said in your post..... Abortions after the first trimester are MURDER!! and it makes me sick to, I have never and would never have one but I do think that there is a time and a place for one for some women!! I think a rape case would be one and I do belive if my daughter came home at 14 and said she was pregnant then I think I would have to think on that alot because it wouldnt be much of a life for a baby having a child for a mother!! But I would make these rules a little stricter yet and say ok you had one abortion that should be your O i had an ooooppss wake up call you should never have to have another one after that nor should you be allowed one!! This is just my opinion and this is an iffy subject to people who have had them and have other belifes!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i for myself and myself alone i'm prolife but for the next person what they choose is their choice.
    pinkmommy366

Answer by pinkmommy366 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree with you. I hate to see any women have an abortion but I do not wantto take away their right to choose. A law stating no abortions past 10 weeks would be ideal for me. But unfortunatly that will probably never happen :(
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• The problem I see with no abortions past ten weeks is that many many women dont realize they are pregnant that soon. In a perfect world I wish people would remember about adoption and at least be willing to own up to their mistakes for nine months so people who want kids and cant have any could be blessed. However I am a realist and know that will never ever happen. :(
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree with the first post.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think Roe vs. Wade was a huge mistake, it did NOT reflect the constitution in any way. It needs to be overturned.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 12:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2008