Do you have thermostat wars at your house?

Hubby is convinced it's not warm in the house unless he has the woodstove totally blazing and I'm opening windows because it's so hot in here. I would rather have it cooler and put warmer clothes on. I can see it now: we will be 80 years old and still arguing over how hot the house should be LOL.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 3:33 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My DS always yells to my DH ,"She's releasing the penguines!!" whenever I get near the thermostat. I love it cold at night and because we live outside New Orleans I run the AC almost 12 months of the year.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:54 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Oh God yes. Hubby is warm blooded, so I am always freezing. Then I got my revenge when I was pregnant, and I cranked up the AC at night. He kept complaining that his nose was running. I said he could put on more clothes, but I can't remove my SKIN.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Very Rarely anymore. Everyone here has given up and just puts on more clothes or grabs a blanket!! I like it cold!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:54 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yes now more than ever since my sis is pregnant
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:36 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• This has been an ongoing debate in my marriage for awhile. I freeze to death while the hubby burns up! Its usually easier for me to put on a sweatshirt, some socks, or wrap up in a blanket then for him to get cooler. However, since I have been pregnant, the roles have reversed. I am the one sweating my tail off while his teeth are chattering!
    genuinelyblessd

Answer by genuinelyblessd at 7:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• constantly
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My house to meis always cold and to hot to my hubby byt we don't turn the heat on he hands me a hoodie by the middle of the night I am ripping my hoodie of me. We don't fight over it but I will turn the thermostat up and he turns it down back and forth :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Oh my gosh YES!!! Except we are the opposite -- my DH will always turn it down a little when he walks by the thermostat, and I will always bump it up a little bit.
    Every fall and spring, the silent thermostat wars start...
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 6:33 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It is my son and I who argue. He is always complaining "It is too cold in here!" I just tell him to put on more clothes. :D
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:54 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• ,"She's releasing the penguines!!

rolling on floorI love it!   High five to your ds.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2010