My 9 months old who co sleeps with us

is in a habit to wake up at 3am apart from his regular feeding schedule.He wakes up fully fresh & is in a playing mood.It takes a lot to make him sleep again(around 1-1.15 hrs).He sleeps by 8.45 at night.What to do so that he does n't wakes up at this weird time.

A11

Asked by A11 at 4:04 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have no idea. My daughter currently has her days/nights mixed up. I have no idea how to get her back on a semi decent schedule. I'll take 2am....... I just can't hardly handle this 5am bedtime.......
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Is he ready to go to sleep so early? When we had this issue, we kept our daughter up a little later, and gave her a filling snack (oatmeal, toast, etc) along with her before bed feeding. It helped her stay asleep longer.

If you cosleep, what also works for us on the rare occasion that our daughter wakes up and wants to play, we just keep the lights off and pretend to keep sleeping. She will crawl around for a few minutes and try to get our attention, but when she realizes we are still sleeping, she'll do the same. Of course if she is up and crying we tend to her needs, but one thing we love about cosleeping is the way she learns about life by being near us. We don't have to tell her its bedtime, she sees it happening, much the way baby animals learn in the wild.

Good luck!
    So_Blessed7

Answer by So_Blessed7 at 5:35 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Cut out some day naps. Put him to bed later.

Answer by louise2 at 6:00 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You probably need to adjust the sleep schedule.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:44 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• bed time bath ,put him to bed a lil later ,dont let him sleep to close to bed time .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I personally would take away nap time or at least reduce nap time.
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010