How do you get your child on a normal sleep schedule.........

if their days/nights are mixed up?

She was on a good schedule for a long time and then she got sick. After sleeping for most of the day (while sick), she now has her days/nights mixed up. This has been going on for a few months now. We have tried everything. Any advice or is this just a stage. She is 2 1/2. Thanks!

On a good night, she is in bed by 4am........

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 4:13 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm having a hard time with my 2 1/2 yr old too, so here's a bump!
    mb1hotmama

Answer by mb1hotmama at 4:32 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My son is 3 and it happens all the time when he is sick. My son has been like this on and off for a year now. (Since he was around two)... My son will go to sleep between 4am - 8 am. Then sleep all day. His schedule is backwards. What I do is every week I wake him up an hour earlier... (It may take 3 to 4 weeks but it gets him on schedule.) If you do it too quickly then he will take two naps a day. So week 1 - if he gets up at 3 pm I will get him up at 2 pm... Week 2 - 2pm then I will get him up at 1pm. Week 3 - 1pm - 12pm, week 4 - 12pm - 11am... and so on. He gets back on schedule and that has worked best for us. My mother in law says just getting them up in the morning would work but it has never worked for my son he will just then take 2 naps. This is all that has worked for us. His schedule gets off if he gets sick again and I have to do it all over but thankfully he doesn't get sick much.
    TheCrazyAllmons

Answer by TheCrazyAllmons at 9:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• When you find out let me know
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010