How pushy would you be to get an earlier appointment?

I recently found out that we are expecting baby #3. We were on the pill so this is a bit of a shock.

When I called to schedule my appointment we made one for blood work and basic education on 10/31 and one with the doctor on 11/4

My concern: I think I might be 9 weeks along already

The period before my missed period wasn't really a period. It was two days of light spotting. A week or so after that I was very nautious and vomitting a lot

If I stick with my current appointmets, I might be 8/9 weeks along or I might be 11/12 weeks along. Does it matter to wait that long?

My concern is coming from knowing that I had advil, drank some alcohol and was on the pill potentially while I was pregnant. I need peace of mind

Do I call and try to get in sooner or just be patient?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didnt see a doctor until around 9 weeks and all was well. Just let your doctors office know that you would like to be notified if there is a cancellation. :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If i would be you, yes. I would try to get an earlier appt.

but thats just me. Because im paranoid lol and i couldnt wait to see my child for the first time :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It'll be ok if you have to wait until your appts. that you have now. The only thing they do is a u/s to see if its ectopic and you will know if it is. Good luck and congrats!!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I wouldn't worry about the alcohol though, the baby's brain develops all throughout the pregnancy so, if you stop now it most likely won't hurt it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Honestly, unless you’re falling down drunk and popping an advil every hour, you should be fine. Did your doctor do an ultrasound prior to 9 weeks with your other babies? I’m sure everything is fine and they may have figured since it’s #3 with you that you know what to expect.
    mysue

Answer by mysue at 12:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• waiting 9-12 weeks is fine. The bonus of waiting is that you can probably get to hear your baby's heartbeat at the first visit! Chances are that your baby probably wasn't implanted to your uterus when you were drinking, so it wasn't exposed to what you were doing.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I had the same concerns. The week before I found out I was pregnant I was on a prescription that could abort the baby. I was freaking out. I had also been taking a sleep aid. I had also drank and was feeling very guilty. I was doing a lot of things that I wouldn't have done if I thought it was even a possibility of being pregnant. I just called and talked to the nurse. I wouldn't worry too much, unless it was excessive. An occasional drink won't hurt. Best of luck!! :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i didnt start seeing a doctor until i was 17 weeks. due to insurance problems, i was fine. dont worry about anything you did before you knew you were pregnant, just dont do it again. just do what you did when you were prego last time, you know how it goes. he healthy start taking prenatals. youll be fine
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i didn't see the doctor until 13 weeks. that was my choice. i would damn sure demand a sooner apt. if that's what you want.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• :) I thought i was 12 weeks at my first doctors appointment, but turns out that getting pregnant on Birth Control had messed up my ovulation cycle, and I was actually only 9 weeks. But regardless, no, it won't hurt anything, you know you are pregnant so you have the ability to do everything you need to do to make sure you are staying healthy until your appointment.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008