The Abs diet contains a 7 day meal plan, made up of 12 â€˜power foodsâ€™, along with recipes. One meal per week is designated as a â€˜cheatâ€™ meal - where you eat anything you want. The book advises avoiding foods like fatty meats, processed/refined carbs, high-sugar foods.
1. Almonds and Other Nuts eaten with skins intact.
2. Beans and Other Legumes
3. Spinach and Other Green Vegetables
4. Dairy: Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese
5. Instant Oatmeal: Unsweetened, unflavored
7. Turkey and other lean meats. Lean steak, chicken, fish
8. Peanut Butter - All-natural, sugar-free.
9. Olive Oil
10. Whole-Grain Breads and Cereals
11. Extra-Protein (Whey) Powder
12. Raspberries and Other Berries
at 2:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2008