Spotting adult content

Im 38 weeks, and I just went to use the bathroom. I wiped and I keep getting a bright red dot of blood every time I wipe... should I be worried? Is labor starting? ANyone have this before?

AngelEyva

Asked by AngelEyva at 6:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would call the doctor if i were you not that its anything to be worried about but just to be safe if its alot of blood go strait to the er .
    Bellsbabyboys

Answer by Bellsbabyboys at 6:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Its not alot its like the size of a quarter everytime I whipe. and its BRIGHT red.
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 6:50 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had that happen towards the end with both my kids. Sometimes, the extra pressure on your cervix can cause small capillaries to rupture. I would call your OBGYN just to be safe but as long you are not continuing to bleed (like noticing it in your underwear) then it's probably nothing major to worry about.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:00 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have no idea. I never made it to 38 weeks because I delivered at 36 weeks. I never had any bleeding though. I would just call my doctor and see what he says just to ease your mind.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:59 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• your cervix is probably beginning to dilate or dilating more...not necessarily labor but sounds like your body getting ready...still needs to be checked out by your doc! but im sure its nothing but progress!! GL!! congrats!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I did with my second and it was me going into labor... but my friend had the same and it was just the pressure on her cervix. I would call your dr and go in just to check. you never know.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 11:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2010