Pregnant & DH had Vasectomy 3 year ago....

anyone else... what the the odds?

nlovewithmysons

Asked by nlovewithmysons at 12:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, if you really are pregnant and you didnt cheat on your husband, then consider yourself as rich. Go sue the doctor who made the vasectomy :))

Congratulations.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Not me. I would be SHOCKED. I have an IUD and I always secretly hope it keeps on working. Having an oopsie would freak me out.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It is possible... very slim possibilities. Did you want to have a baby? Congrats! :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• wow its slim to get prego but it is possiable they usually do a test a few weeks after its done to make sure it worked but i guess things can happen! congrats!!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yeah I've heard of it b4. If the vas deferens were simply cut they probably fused back together. Even if there is a tiny space, (re: the did not burn the ends closed) sperm can swim that space. If it is meant to be nature will find a way. I know some one who got pregnant despite his vasectomy and her tubal ligation. Yikes!! I would welcome this new blessing then get my tubes cut and burned.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Anything is possible, but like a previous posted said: They usually do a test to show the effectivness, because it's very possible to still get prego up to 6 weeks after a Vastectomy, but anything after that NO it's not normal, or common. Like another poster said, consider yourself rich, because you have grounds for Medical Malpractice against the Dr. who performed the surgery. Now, the big thing is, if Hubby is going to believe that it's his?
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 12:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• your lucky. I've been hoping for that for years. No luck on this side. the vase was a one sided decision.
    mbostick

Answer by mbostick at 12:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Hi. I am in a situation wondering if I am in the same place as you. Can you answer what kind of Vasectomy your husband had? Mine was a no scapel, and they burned it. He never had it checked.... Thanks for the info.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 5:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2008