what do i do to get mt 2 year old daughter to sleep in her own bed?

she drives me crazy i will try and put her in her own bed and she tells me " no mommies bed me sleep" i did nurse her and she is the 3rd baby. i just dont know what to do. also when she falls asleep i do put her in her bed but she comes back out in my bed.

TAMMY0413

Asked by TAMMY0413 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We put a toddler bed next to ours and every week or so moved it farther away from our bed and closer to his bedroom. It helped but he still loves to sneak in sometimes. It is also a good idea to sleep in their bed with them instead of them in yours...then you can sneak out when the little one drifts off. This is a common problem...you are not alone. Little ones just love to cuddle.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My daughter did the same thing, then i let her go with me to the store and let her pick out her bed, then to walmart to pick out her bedding and since its HER bed and she Decorated it she LOVES it and something she can call hers and only hers.
    TwistedMama27

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• MY SON WAS THE SAME WAY TOO...JUST BECAUSE WE HAD HIM SLEEP WITH US TILL HE WAS LIKE ONE SO WHEN IT WAS TIME FOR HIM TO SLEEP ON HIS OWN...WELL WE HAD HARD NIGHTS...AND HE KEPT COMING TO OUR ROOM...SO I WOULD READ TO HIM, CUDDLE WITH HIM TILL HE FELL ASLEEP, AND WALK OUT, BUT WHEN HE CAME TO OUR ROOM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT MY DF WOULD PUT HIM RIGHT BACK...AFTER A WHILE..AND I MEAN A WHILE HE FINALLY SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT.

WE ALSO GOT HIM A NIGHTLIGHT...
    SATX23

Answer by SATX23 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• try putting an air mattress or recliner in her room and sleeping in there with her but not in the same bed until she gets use to being in her own room.
    after that stage set up a system like... bath, pjs, then read her a story while she lays in her bed and leave her with a light on. if she leaves her bed later and comes to your room DO NOT GIVE IN and make sure you walk her back and put her in her bed. It may take a few or more times but she will eventually get the picture she has to stay in her bed. My nephew was afraid of his room and no one could get him to stop crying at night until i went in there one night and reassured him that God sent angels to watch him at night and he doesnt ever need to be scared because they are protecting him always. She needs some type of reassurance that even though you arent in the room you are still there for her... maybe use a monitor and explain how it works and you can hear everything???
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 12:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• good luck my son wants to sleep on the couch!
    rissa_mommyof2

Answer by rissa_mommyof2 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my son loved to sleep with me too, but for a while I would put him to sleep in his bed and then leave but he would wake up every time i snuck out.... so finally we comforted him and told him he's a big boy now so he has to sleep in the big boy bed. We started a routine and if he woke up we would make sure he was ok but tell him he had to go back to sleep in his own bed. He cried when we first did it but I think it only took about 3 or 4 days and he was sleeping alone.
    marine_wife_17

Answer by marine_wife_17 at 7:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The best thing I ever did was read the "The Sleepeasy solution" by Jennifer Waldburger. It outlined very easily the steps to get your child at whatever age to sleep in their OWN room in their OWN bed. It takes some work and determination but it is so worth it. And the book really provides the validation that you are doing the right thing. Hey, if it was good enough for Ben stiller, must be good enough for us right?
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We are going through that with our 3yr old. He has had a couple big moves over the last year and has slept with me out of necesity several times. We moved him in to a twin bed recently and we have some good nights and some bad. Usually we just take turns taking him back to his own bed an it can get exhausting but we are really trying t stick with it knowing that it will eventually pay off and we will have our bed back.
    duganhorse

Answer by duganhorse at 12:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2009