I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I want to know what is the best way to relive heart burn?

Mrs.RD

Asked by Mrs.RD at 7:04 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What worked for me was Papaya Capsules(fresh Papaya works fairly well also) and to eat mini meals instead of 3 large meals.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:27 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Eat smaller meals...drink lots of water. The best way, though, is to give birth....that also cures back pain, LOL
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 7:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i got it around that time and for some reason i only got it at night when i was ready to go to bed...i always had to sleep sitting up (because of the pain)..so i had to stay on the couch. My advice is to get a big comfy pillow and keep it behind you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i had HORRIBLE heartburn. i finally started taking pepcid because tums wasnt touching it!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 8:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Eat a slice of raw potato. mix a tablesppon of apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of honey in a cup of warm water.stir and drink. Peel and eat a raw carrot. Papaya tablets. Peppermint tea. Swallow a teaspoon or two of uncooked oat flakes after chewing thoroughly. Chew gum. Prevent it in the first place by taking two or three Tumeric capsules before eating. (Avaliable at health food stores.)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i had heartburn so so bad, and it started around 30 weeks or so, by the time i was 34 weeks it was so bad the acid burned the skin off my mouth and tongh(sp) i couldnt eat and i developed a acid ulser in my esophagus. dont just deal with the pain it can really mess you up. i tried everything to make it stop, nothing really worked until i was put on perscription zantac150 twice a day, i feel like it saved my life!!lol good luck
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Calmicid is a natural product - it tastes great and works - it contains calcium carbonate, chamomile flower, fennel seed and ginger root - other ingredients listed are sorbitol, xanthan gum, magnesium stearate (vegetable), spearmint oil.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• TUMS.....TUMSSS...TUMMMSSSSS....I everyoher thingand thatsall that wroked....tums 1000 ultra and its 100% safe
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 12:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• just a tip dont overdo the tums, i was eating these pretty much the max dos everyday and wound up in the hospital with a kidney infection that they sayed was caused by too many tums!!!
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I feel for you.. I went through the same thing and the only thing that would work for me is whole milk!! I ended up craving milk which is great since the baby will need calcium and will take it from your bones if you don't get enough of it. Good luck =)
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 3:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2010