Feeling guilty about working outside the home???

I am a working mom. I have a full time job and a part time job and am beginning to feel guilty about not spending time with my kids... but I have to work. I have cut back on my spending but still have to work both jobs. Between my two jobs, and all of the kids activities (football, soccer, scouts, taekwondo) it feels like I never get to see them. Blah =( Anyone have ideas for making the most of the time you spend with the kids (however little it is)?

3livin4angels

Asked by 3livin4angels at 7:45 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Car rides make the best bonding opporutnities
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:48 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I kwym. I limit Abby to two activitie so it leaves more time to do other things - together. Maybe you can take a family karate class instead of the kids individually? Or family swimming?
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 7:48 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I know exactly how you feel, I felt like all I was doing was driving them around and throwing sandwiches into the back seat for dinner because we were always late. I couldn't take it anymore and ended up starting a home business to make money and give me the time I needed with my kids. It was actually less time for a short period, but now I have it all. My kids are so much happier.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 8:13 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Could you replace one of your jobs with a work at home income? It's not going to replace the full income of a traditional job, but it might help fill the gap and give you more time at home.

Earn Money Online is my website with details

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You do what you have to do!! I miss working full-time. I wish my boys could be in every activity they want, but we can't afford it....... Do not feel guilty. Every mom feels guilty about something. And providing a good life with the things they want to do is NOT something you should feel guilty about!!
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 9:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I agree. YOU are in charge of providing for your family. You have to do what you gotta do in order to keep a roof over their heads, food on the table. I was always the one to bust my butt so my family could have what they needed. I never thought about staying at home and NOT earning money. The whole welfare thing would have crushed both me and my family. I believe in strictly working for what you need.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:38 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• First, never feel guilty having to work to take care of your kids. Secondly, I would definately cut out some or all of the kids activities. Those are optional and family should come first.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• That does seem like a full plate of activities. If you can cut down there, that will probably be the best thing.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I agree with the other ladies. You have to do what you have to do! Be proud that you're able to provide for your kids. Perhaps you should think about cuting back on some activities. Have you ever thought about working from home part time? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 18 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2010