Scared Baby???

My husband thinks its funny when he scares our 7 month old. He has been doing this for a long time. I tell him he needs to quiet but he just dont listen. My MIL saw him do it and said when she gets older she is gonna have some kind of jumpy issue. Is there reallysomething like that. And how can i make him stop

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as he is only doing the "pick-a-boo"-thing then it wont harm her. but if he really scares her then he should actually know better. Someday she might be afraid of him. I doubt he wants that.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• As long as your child finds it amusing then i wouldnt worry about it. MIL say wierd things, mine said taht if i tickle my daughters feet shell studder!! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• No he scares her, that at times she crys. and i have to get her. Maybe thats why she crys when he gets her all the time. What do you think?
    Anonymous

• that is verry dangerous. and your MIL is right it can cause her to be very jumpy, it can also cause terrates (i dont know how to spell it) later on in life. that happened to my cousin
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yeah, she's not seeing him as daddy, and protector, but as the boogie-man. If he wants a close relationship with her he needs to stop this, or she will be scared of him her whole life.
    Maybe if you point that out to him he will see it from her eyes.
    She is just a little thing and being scared at that age is REALLY scary for them. Now, my 3 yr old loves being scared, but she knows that mommy and daddy are teasing and we really would protect her no matter what. A seven month old can't reason that way though. She just knows Daddy=Scary.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 12:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Thats just wrong. Peek a boo, and hide and seek in a fun and non scarey manner are best. Like it was stated a few times, she will be jumpy, and maybe even scared of your dh. Tell him to knock it off!!! If he cant, then maybe have a pediatrician explain it to him.
    menmygurlz

Answer by menmygurlz at 1:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It could hurt her in the future causing her to be insecure, daddy is supposed to be protector. Maybe there is a book or something out there about it you can give to him to read, men usually respond to concrete things like that. He is going to want her to come to him and trust him and this is not the way to build that trust.
    ayindemommy

Answer by ayindemommy at 1:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i think its sick, what kind of person gets off making a baby cry and its his kid???wtf does he hit her too? sorry but thats wrong so so wrong
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i had an uncle who did that to me, when i was younger, and for a long time i didnt want anything to do with him my family said.. to the point where i didnt want him to hold me, my mom said i was so scared of him, i would pee... this was between the ages of 6 months to four years... do the whole if you were in her shoes routine. or... scare the shit out of him... when he's sound asleep.. turn on the lights and freak him out and keep doing it until he gets the point... turn the coin..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 2:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Print the replies above and let him read this. Maybe that will get through to him.
    boismyson

Answer by boismyson at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008