How do I get my son to drink out of the sippy cup?

My son used to drink out of the sippy cup before, when we put juice in it. He didn't drink a lot, but he did drink some. Then he got sick and was hardly drinking anything and needed liquids, so we let him drink the juice in the bottle. It has some time since then and he now won't drink out of the sippy cup even with the juice in it. We only do formula in the bottle now, but he doesn't even care if we put apple juice in it. What do I do now? Try other sippy cups? Try other juices? Any suggestions? (Oh, he's 8 months)

sunshinepraying

Asked by sunshinepraying at 9:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 6 months and I'm trying to introduce sippy cups. I got him the Nuby brand from walmart and they are the same material the bottle nipple is made of. They had 2 different types, one is very cost to a nipple. Once they get used to that they can be switched to the other one. It's working very well for me.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 12:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Yes, you should try a different sippy cup. Some kids are choicy about wha cups they will drink out of.
    Ready2drop

Answer by Ready2drop at 10:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• drink out of one as well i know it sounds odd but sometimes if he sees you do he will and dont offer him anything else but the sippy cup that way he has to or the bottle only at certain times of the day
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2008