Is this normal???

I am just wondering if this is normal ... my son is 11 months old and recently everything my DH does and even sometimes the sound of his voice makes me cringe. I am wondering if this sometimes happens after having a baby - where the love of your life, your SO had all your attention and now it's more focused on your child ? and now they drive you up a wall?? none of the stuff that is bugging me is new stuff - it's just HIM!!

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• having a baby changes your out look on the world.

Answer by louise2 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'd hazard a guess that it's not all that unusual. Just try to remember what it is you love about him and let the rest slide until you get past it. If it lasts more than a few weeks, go to the doctor and have your hormone levels checked...you'd be surprised what a hormone imbalance can do, believe me!!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It is completely normal. And if you pay closer attention your SO isn't the only one out there that will make you cringe...lol! like louis2 said it changes your out look on the world. You'll notice things you thought were funny are just plan stupid. Things you thought were fun are way to risky now. And like jespeach said try to remember the things that made you fal in love with him in the first place, and it does take around a year for your hormones to go back to normal, I would try to have some alone time with your SO and see if you can't get some sparks going again. But it is completely normal.

Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 1:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• thank you all so very much - I am really struggling with this - we've had our up and downs before but have made it through to almost 12 years now and I hate to feel this way.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I totally feel like this sometimes....Mike will not pick up after him self and it used to not bother me, I'd just do it....but, now it annoys the crap outta me...I feel like he is a kid I am having to train along with my baby. And now when I mention something to him, he acts all surprised. UGH!
    Hang in there....!
    Jakesmom1107

Answer by Jakesmom1107 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It's no secret that during pregnancy & after, ur hormones r totally out of whack, so it's not u. I would try talking 2 him & b honest.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Its VERY hard to put your husband first after having a baby, especially your first.
    Its very important though. Have you and your husband had much "YOU" time together lately?
    A good date night (doesnt have to be expensive or elaborate) makes all the difference in the world to reconnect. HTH
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 2:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2008