What do you think about babies watching Baby Einstein?

Just wondering!

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 12:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is very learning for them. My two nephews loved to watch it. When i get the extra money up im gonna buy my little one some of the movies.
    tylersbaby85

Answer by tylersbaby85 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I would rather read books to my son
    ayindemommy

Answer by ayindemommy at 2:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think tv before age 2 is a waste.
    rojareb84

Answer by rojareb84 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree that TV before age 2 is a waste. You can google "do baby einstein videos make babies smarter" and you'll find a whole bunch of independent studies that have shown them to be a bad idea. You're better off reading to your baby, talking, singing, etc. They learn from real-life interaction, not from staring at a flashy TV screen. Plus, I've seen a lot of mom's become dependent on using television daily as a babysitter or distraction for their kids while they do other things. It would be WAY to easy to let television become a habit or part of your daily routine. I say the longer you can go without exposing your child to television, the better.
    Rachelou

Answer by Rachelou at 2:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Don't take my answer the wrong way, but I think a baby can learn more from you playing motzart on windows media player and letting them watch the colors, or even you talking to them with mozart playing in the background.

TV babies have proven to progress more slowly than babies who have been interacted with. Of course they eventually catch up. It is just a different way of learning. One that I don't advocate.
    ReachtotheStars

Answer by ReachtotheStars at 3:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• A little tv isn't going to hurt any baby, and if you need to do things around the house, you obviously can't be interacting with them. If for just a half hour a day, or even an hour split in halves, I think it's a great way to keep your child entertained while you do dishes, or vacuum. If you don't anyone to help you, you gotta get things done somehow and it's better if baby is entertained and not crying the whole time.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008