Does bedrest mean I have to stay in all the time?

I am 8 months pregnant and I was put on bedrest today. my cervix is soft and they dont want me to dilate. Does bedrest means I cant go out at all? And how can I be on bedrest with 2 small children already.

Asked by Ready2drop at 9:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Generally yes it means that you have to stay IN bed 24-7. You need to talk to your Dr and see what she/he exactly wants from you. As for the other children call on family and friends and have them help you, especially seeing the Dr put you on bed-rest.

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• bed rest is bed rest!!! Usually up for bathroom and meals thats it!! Sorry Good Luck with your two little ones! But take it from a mom with a premature daughter!! Its not nice and not fun!!! That little ones needs to be done cooking before it comes out!!LOL I di bed rest from 16 weeks to 29 when she was born. you can do it too!!

Answer by jorbear at 10:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• it means DONT... pick up your little kids; go on a mall shopping spree; any heavy house cleaning chores like mopping and scrubbing; be on your feet for longer than 15 minutes... etc.
    You WILL go into early labor and your BABY will pay the concequences!!!

Answer by vakatia at 10:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• yes it means you can only get up to go to the bathroom my baby was born a month and half early she was fine i was in the hospital on bedrest a month before

Answer by Patience1 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I say take the doctors advice. I was put on bed rest for the same reason and i had 1 small child. I didn't listen and i dilated 4cm in a wk. i they stopped my labor and i had my son about 3 wks early but they said it was ok.

• bedrest can include sofa rest. feet up, laying on the sofa, the whole idea is to lay down. doesn't matter where you do it. just don't get up.

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Yes. No trips to the mall. Hubby gets child duty and shopping duties. Stay off your feet as much as possible.My doctor told me if I couldn't do it at home he'd put me in the hospital to ensure it. bathroom meals and quick showers that's it.