Ideas for fruit/flower themed anniversary gifts for men?

I really don't want to just go grab some fruit or flowers to give him. My husband and I are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary on the 16th and have been doing traditionally themed gifts. He prefers to use traditional gifts over modern ones, so going with modern categories instead is out. My budget is limited, my resources are limited (if Walmart doesn't have it, I probably can't get it), and time is limited since we just brought home a special needs infant two weeks ago.

Thanks for any help!

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 8:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Go to walmart and make him a basket. Add stuff like the candy he like with a t-shirt, card, soda, or juice or personal stuff to fill up the basket. Happy Annvy!!!
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• fruit bouquet with some chocolate dipping sauce!! :0) happy anniversary
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• ditto, a styrofoam ball or cone, some tooth picks, and your favorite fruits. Congratulations.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:04 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Edible Arangments can be delivered...

but I would just do some chocolate covered strawberries.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 10:56 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Not sure why you wouldn't want to give fruit or be able to hide it...

You could always make Banana Bread
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 10:57 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• okay, just thought of something. can't think of anything that's not edible except actual flowers and plastic fruit lol so here's an idea. what about those fruity kinds of candy like maybe those orange slices and those would be easy to hide and you could wrap a bow around em and then get him something cool like a shirt of his favorite sports team or a movie he's been wanting. that way you still have the traditional gift and something else that he's guaranteed to love!
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Any ideas for gifts you can't eat? I mentioned that I don't want to give him fruit (especially since I have no way of hiding it from him if I have to prepare it at home).
    tyheamma

Comment by tyheamma (original poster) at 9:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I don't want to give fruit because we eat it all the time. I can't hide it because where do you hide something that needs to be kept refrigerated? And even if it didn't, hiding fresh fruit is sketchy at best with a toddler in the house. DH spends his days at home because our baby just came home from the hospital.
    tyheamma

Comment by tyheamma (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Oh yeah, plastic fruit all the way ;)

Orange slices are actually a really good idea. He loves them, those and peach rings.

Still have no idea what else to get him though... I'm going to have him take care of our LO later today so I can go to the store and wander aimlessly for ideas.
    tyheamma

Comment by tyheamma (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010