• In the Spotlight:

I am just wondering Obama/McCain...

Why is it that if you support McCain your a racist and or automatically a rep or if you support Obama then you are a doing it just bc he's black or your automatically a dem etc? Why is everyone being steriotyped for who they vote for? Why cant it just be bc of what they believe or agree with? I in my life have never been racist and on my voters reg is states that I am dem, and yes I voted for Kerry. Though the second I say something weather it be for or against Obama/Mccain people start talking trash saying that oh your so racist and so on.. I am voting for McCain if I able. Though I don't agree with everything he says/does I do have my reasons for voting for him! Things that invovle my family 1st hand and that is military wise..I don't like Bush never agreed with him, but there are things that I don't agree with in both campaigns.

1NavyWife

Asked by 1NavyWife at 1:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I said something about the infaticide and that adoption is always a choice and mentioned that my husband was adopted and I was in and out of the system, then someone wants to say that I like to shovel kids in the system and am making up stories about my dh and I, bc I didn't agree with Obama! So my ? why does everyone have to steriotype/make others out to be what they are not just bc of whom they choose to vote for?
    1NavyWife

Answer by 1NavyWife at 1:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• sorry if this was a lil all over the place I am ADD and it's very hard for me to keep track... and on a side note I just wanted to say that all bc someone doesn't pass a bill, etc doesn't mean that they don't agree with it, not everyone knows this but they do have more that one thing on them sometimes and at the bottom it may say something that may not be a good thing to pass but the original at the top is so they won't sign to pass! Hope that made sense.
    1NavyWife

Answer by 1NavyWife at 1:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I don't know.... I took one of those silly quizzes, that you choose your answer, and mine said I was 85% for McCain. Maybe people should be forced to take a quiz similar to vote, and their choice will be made blindly. Like.. you don't get to know your candidates by their looks at all.

Anonymous

• anon...that would be intersting....
    1NavyWife

Answer by 1NavyWife at 1:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Hey I agree, that would make things so much easier if you voted on actully facts insead of the person. I took one of those too and it said my veiws are more like McCain.
    Anonymous

• What site was this?
    1NavyWife

Answer by 1NavyWife at 2:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It is cause people get offended if you arent voting for who they want. I do like bush and i agree with bush and i do agree with mcain 100 percent. Especially for the military families out there Obama doesnt care about the military and never will.
    Anonymous

• What the debate tomorrow night.
    Anonymous

• CEO's prefer McCain's plan...
    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/job-creators-prefer-mccain-4-to-1/story.aspx?guid=%7BC1DD1C9D-629C-4813-8AF4-BE4A7EB61D16%7D&dist=hppr

WIth the Economy the way it is, CEO's (who hire the emplyees) forsee serious issues with Obama's plan. If CEO's are worried about business, then the employees SHOULD be worried about Obama...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• SO, my point it isn't a RACE issue.. It's an issue of how can American best thrive. Obama has a more "socialist" view to politics and McCain believe more in a free Market. IMO, The Free Market works if Democrats Like Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi stop abusing the system for their own (Fannie and Freddie) gain... WHen the abuse was noted, many Republicans (including McCain) called them out and asked for reform... But the Dems failed to be honest and that played a huge part in the economy today. SO, I have to wonder why would youl give power to the people who are a large part to blame for the mess?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008