How to bring down bloodpressure naturally?

I have cut out caffiene, but my blood pressure is still 189/125. I'm having much difficulty with medication because my life style is very demanding (concentrated workload and much driving). I cannot change my workload or my lifestyle. I need to find a way to lower my BP that is realistic my lifestyle. I've seen a commercial about potassium. Does this really work? Or, do you have any other remedy for high BP?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 1:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Health

• eat healthy,,try to be your idle weight...try yoga..

Answer by louise2 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I also have high blood pressure and I heard that the only "realistic" way to bring it down is by diet and excercise! Sorry. Sometimes we just HAVE to put ourselves first.
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I would start out by cutting out sodium from your diet. Sodium is in fast food, canned goods, microwave dinners. The American Heart Association recommends that a person with high blood pressure consume less than 2000mg of sodium a day. What this would mean for you is that you should pack your lunches for work everyday. Make yourself sandwiches on whole grain bread with turkey and lots of veggies. Eating oatmeal, bran flakes, cheerios in the morning, and adding lots of fruit to your day. I would also park far away from all my errands and walk as much as possible. One other thing I would add is LOTS of water. You can buy a one liter water bottle and take with you. It is easy to sip on water while you are driving in the car. Try to drink 4 one liter bottles of water a day. This is what I would start with.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 1:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Low sodium diet, and also try some supplements...go to your local health food store and they should be able to help you, but some I know off the top of my head are garlic and also olive leaf. Incorporate fresh garlic into your diet.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 5:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2008