32 weeks pregnant with twins... what could it be... what can I do??

I am experiencing tightness.... When I even try to walk the least little bit... to go into the store and get milk... I feel like I want to fall in the floor... my back and stomach get so tight... and then it takes over an hour to go away... I know it's not Braxton Hicks... but what could this be? Anyone experienced it? What can I do? I really need to get some shopping done, but just to walk from the car to the store makes me feel like every muscle in my body is so tight I can't move.

JustMeTiff

Asked by JustMeTiff at 9:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds like me. i wnt into labor at that time. go lay down and rest maybe try lying on one side then another to get comfy. if it doesnt help, call your doc or go to hospital. it could very well be labor. good luck keeuus updated.
    aidanstwins

Answer by aidanstwins at 10:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• The best thing for you to do is let a hot shower beat on your body. On your back and lower stomach. Also, when you are laying down elevate your feet and it eliminates alot of the pressure from the babies. ALso, you might want to tell your doctor because it could be something else
    Ready2drop

Answer by Ready2drop at 10:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I had the same thing at 32 weeks with my twins, it was labor, as soon as I did much of anything I would go into labor. I kept mine in until 37 weeks, but make sure you limit yourself to things that you have to do and drink a ton of water.
    kars1999

Answer by kars1999 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• not sure, I was on bed rest at 24 weeks, I would call your doctor just to be on the safe side
    Irelyn

Answer by Irelyn at 10:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• not really sure.i havent been pregnant with twins but id call your doctor just to be on the safe side
    williamjacob

Answer by williamjacob at 10:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Sounds like labor to me too.....I went into labor at 28 weeks, 30 weeks and then prettyt much was constantly contracting for the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy....I delivered at 34 1/2 weeks.....I would definintly let your doctor know and if it is staying "tight" for that long they may want you to go in for monitoring...to see if you are having "real" contractions or not.....at 28 weeks they werent labor contractions it was more like "uterine irritation"...that is what my Doc called it.....but they monitored me closely because that can develope into real contractions pretty quickly. So dont stress out about it too much but let your Doc know and try to take it really easy. Put your feet up as much as possible and rest if you can.....I know with the boys that may be hard but try to do what you can. Good luck and let us know what is going on!!!!
    missmatch

Answer by missmatch at 10:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i had that happen to me when i was 7 months with my twins but the doctor said it is normal , he also said what do you expect, your holding two little ones in you and it is going to be a whole lot of more change to come.
    Anonymous

• First of all, I'm not a medical professional, so always check with your ob about anything like this. I know you've said your husband isn't very supportive, but he needs to step up and start doing more. You shouldn't be out shopping if walking from the car causes you to contract. Stay home, put your feet up and drink lots of water. Let your husband do the rest and definately call your dr and let them know what's going on.
    Best wishes!
    LuvMyTwins407

Answer by LuvMyTwins407 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• It sounds like labor but I've never had twins so I havent experienced that feeling . My opinion is to call the Dr. see what they say...
    rockin_rae

Answer by rockin_rae at 6:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Same thing happened to me. It was labor! I had my twins at 31 weeks. I would call your dr. they will more than likely want you to come is so they can take a look at you. Good Luck!
    teacher230

Answer by teacher230 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2008