coffee turn bad if not brewed all the way

when i make a pot of coffee in the morning i wait until a cup is brewed pull it off the pot pour my cup and finish brewing the rest my roomate says that ruins the coffee i think it has nothing to do with it help me ladies

BrynnD20

Asked by BrynnD20 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Its true that it messes up the coffee. I love coffee. Well good coffee. Im funny about what kind I drink. And I always make sure to use fresh water and fresh coffee. And I also make sure that the whole pot is brewed befor I pure any one a cup. If you dont wait it will make the rest of the coffee weak and , In some cases taste less like coffee and more like water. Now if you have one f them great new Coffee makers that cost an arm and leg then thats not a problem. Because they brew per cup. Instead of Pot. So if you do that then you would be better off buying a pot to where you dont have to wait the whole time. And then everyone is happy Right.
    Patty
    MOMofTwo_99_00

Answer by MOMofTwo_99_00 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes!! If the entire cycle doesnt finish then its gonna be way to strong and gross! You need to make sure that all of the water is evenly brewed with the amount of grounds you have in there. I did that once and almost threw up! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It uaually starts out strong and dilutes by the time the pot is done. So you get a nice cup of joe and your roomate gets a weaker cup. That is really all that I know that would happens. My friends husband did the same thing to her all the time.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If you have a good coffee maker, the worst that will happen is the remaining coffee might be slightly weaker. Why not just wait the additional 5 minutes so it's all the same strength?
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008