I'm 19 and i'm so confused, how do I tell my Mom that I am pregnant?

-loRi-

Asked by -loRi- at 1:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was 18 (i'm 19 now) when I told my mom I was pregnant. I just called her & told her she was going to be a grandma, same thing with my dad. If you want you could just meet up with her somewhere & just be blunt about it. She'll more than likely be happy & excited.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 1:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I was 18 when i got pregnant. Well at first my mom had told us some so called bad news. and she had been down for a while. Well we told her and it cheered her right up. So maybe you can tell her when she tells you some bad news. But if there is no bad news, just sit down with her and tell her you love her, and tell her you have something important to tell her, and than tell her. Hoped i helped.
    tylersbaby85

Answer by tylersbaby85 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i am 19 and told my mom i went to her housse and was so scared... i just came out and told her she laughed and said "no really?" but now she is ok and very supportive you cant have a baby with out the help of your mom... just come out be blunt and tell her
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• First off congrats! I suggest you just be honest and tell her. Your an adult and even though she may not be happy with the reality of your pregnancy- its best to just be upfront and honest and take it from there.
    Anonymous

• It depends on how good of a relationship you have with your mom.

If you get along with your mom, then tell her that you would like to have a talk with her... alone. Then tell her why you wanted to get pregnant and that you and your boyfriend are ready for it.

Your mom will probably tell you "aww hon, you are so youg. you dont know what youre talking about. you dont know this and you dont know that." But you need to understand her point of view. She will be shocked. Her little girl is going to be a mom. But if your mom loves you (and im sure she does), then she will accept it and will be happy about it... sooner or later.

If you dont get along with your mother at all, then dont even bother telling her.

I wish you good luck.. you can make it!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i was 17 and i told my mom hey im prego she about fell over but she was fine after the shock wore off!lol
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• CONGRATS!!! Keep in mind that this should be a happy time!
    I was 19 too. I had a sonogram present. That normally makes more real.
    Anonymous

• I would wait until your first doctor appointment and you have a sonogram. I waited to make sure everything was okay and I had "proof". They were pretty shocked! I told them over dinner and they made me go home and take a pregnancy test to make sure. I was 23!!!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• haha seems everyone has something in common. i planned to have a babyy and i still was scared. i was just 19 when i got pregnant. i was like wtf so quick wat the hell was i thinking. my bf got evicted so we moved in wit his mom then we moved in wit my parents they kept telling me to lose weiht ans i was like if u only knew. everyone says just tell her and shell be more happy than upset and my mom was. she found out bc i had a pork roll and cheese on a bagel and banana strwberry smootie and got sick. shes like u arent pregnant are u and i was lik yyeah and started crying. she told me to calm down and was like, oh a baby. hmmm this is goign to be fun. and it really is...congrats
    SummerMom072208

Answer by SummerMom072208 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I was almost 21.. but I was married so no big surprise there =)
    rojareb84

Answer by rojareb84 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2008