Is 7 years old too young for deodorant? If not what would be a good one to use?

hvnlee

Asked by hvnlee at 9:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I think it is, just keep on top of the washing or bathing. My son is now 11 and needs a deo so I got him a natural one with no chemicals in it. He is concious to keep on top of the washing though first which is more important...
    Tallulah.

Answer by Tallulah. at 9:25 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i don't have an answer but I would like to see what the others have to say about this. Good question! Bump!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• ..i guess not if the kid is stinky..maybe something plain. I would also suggest checking with the pediatrician
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had to buy it for our boys at that age. I felt like it was the wierdest thing. I went in the isle and looked for something more mild. That was hard to find. I got the kind without antiperspirant, just plain deodorant. I also told our boys they need to make sure they scrub under their arms in the shower, then dry really well before putting it on. That's helped a lot.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:27 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think it's too young. I do let my dd wear fruit scented body sprays though. If I were to let a 7 year old wear deodorant I would probably go with either a powder scent or something like Teen Spirit to keep her smelling like a kid.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• They have natural brands of deorderant that have no chemicals in them, that could b good for your son.
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 9:33 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Children that are overweight usually need it at an earlier age. My son is 8 and just started 4th grade and his teacher told the class that it is time they start wearing deoderant, most the kids in his class are either 9 or 10.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If they are stinky everyday, use it. I recommend an all natural deodorant.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If he is stinky, get him deodorant. I would start with a $1store one just to see if he will use often and they are still a good deodorant. Make sure you get a anti-perspirant.and deodorant.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• if your 7 year old is stinky, i would first try an all natural diet. i might also look into organic meats and dairy, maybe hormone levels are too high?
    be sure to bathe daily.
    i agree with others that 7 is young, and an all natural deodorant would be better than other options.
    have you talked to your dr.?
    7 seems so young.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 8, 2010