How much would you pay for your child to go to home based child care?

I am trying to start a lincensed child care from my home in Ohio. I know all of the laws, I have the experience in child care and business and I have a friend would has over 10 years experience in child care who will be working with me daily. The question I have is what is a fair weekly rate for full time children?
Details: kids will be between 6wk and 4 yrs, hours will be 7am-6pm and there will never be more than 6 children at one time and never more than 2 infants(under 18mo) at one time, including my child

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Most daycare or even home based centers start around $100/week for infants and decrease little by little with each milestone. 1 year, down $10. Potty train down $20, etc. Put your rate at a good number that will cover your expenses and adjust according to the services you provide (meals, trips, curriculum if any)
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have a 17 month old. I currently pay $140/wk. At 19 months it will go down to $125/wk.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 9:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I only payed 10 dollars a day.
    memory_adrift

Answer by memory_adrift at 10:00 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I pay $15 per day for full time. I don't pay on days that she does not go.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think you can afford to charge more than the local average because you'll be giving more individualized attention.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My daughter is in a home based daycare and the rate has always been $125/week. I had to provide all food of any kind (breast milk, formula, baby food, etc) until she was on solid food completely. I have had to provide all diapers, etc until she doesn't need those anymore.

You may want to check the going rates in your specific area and offer new "signing" discounts of sorts. You can raise as costs dictate.
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I pay $160 per week for my son who is almost 4. I've been paying that for him ever since he started there at 13 months. My babysitter also keeps my 7 month old daughter, but she only goes 3 days a week. I pay $27 per day for her. Once the sitter starts keeping her full time, then we'll renegotiate a rate.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010