Is it okay to pump gas when you're pregnant?

I always smell alot of fumes and sometimes it's pretty strong. I was just wondering if I'm suppose to quit pumping my own gas or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• do not sit inside your car and wait.. it will create a static charge if you start pumping and then get into your car. your clothes are rubbing all over the seats and can create a static electric charge. and you know what happens after that. this isnt just some hoaxy answer. i've seen it one the news
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• No, dont worry. it wont harm you or the baby.

Pumping the gas doesnt take that long. You will be fine, dont worry
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I always pumped my own gas. But, I would sit inside the car and wait. My baby and I are fine.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think everything will be ok. My bf pumps the gas all the time and i smell it from inside the car sometimes i hold my breath a little lol cause its so strong.
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• my husband wont let me. I know better then that but if he wants to make sure my car is filled up that is one less thing i have to do and more power to him......lol
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2008