would you ask his parents for help???

My child just turned 5 but still wets the bed at night....her father has not paid child support in 4 months I am having a hard time paying bills buying everything. The other week my childs grandpa (her dads dad) told me if there is anything she needs just tell ask and he will get it....she really needs some pull ups right now she is down to her last couple. Would you ask him to get it or just try to get the money together to get them yourself part of me wants the help but then I would have to hear from her father you don't need child support if were buying her stuff

Shannon706

Asked by Shannon706 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would ask for the help. It doesn't get him out of paying his child support and if he paid his child support, you wouldn't have to ask his family for help!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If they have already offered, I would let them know that if they wanted these are items that she is always in need of. That way, they know what you could always use.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Still wetting the bed at 5? I'd be working more on that . I wouldn't be buying pull-ups at all.
    While some children do still have nighttime wetting at that age, it would be a concern.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 10:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Ask him. He offered to help. Don't let pride stand in your way of getting the things she needs. Her dad can't just ditch out on paying child support just because his dad is buying her stuff. Take him back to court if you have to and get his wages garnished.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Oh yeah, I have to agree pull-ups at 5 is a bad idea. I wasn't thinking about her age. I would take her to see her pediatrician about that and see if there are other problems.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would ask! He's trying to be a part of the child's life & help out.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would thank grandpa for his kind offer, and let him know there are a few things that DD does need. As for child support-- I would tell DD's dad that if he would bother paying the child support he owes EVERY time it is due like he is supposed to then you would not need help from family! He helped make DD so he should do his part to support DD!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• ask for help
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would take the help...there is no shame in that. He is her grandpa and he wants to help, I think that is awesome! Your ex can say whatever he wants, but he wont be able to get out of paying...take his butt back to court.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 10:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Ask! Just because her dad doesn't want to be involved does not mean that her grandparents don't.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2010