Ugh! Nightmares!

DD is 3.5 and for the last 2 nights, she has been waking up screaming. She cannot tell my why. There is no pain, no discomfort, and she cannot tell me about the dream or that she is having one, only that it scares her (and even that is an assumption). Do they start having vivid dreams at this age? We've already been thru night terrors and it's not that.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yup..my daughters been coming in my room for the last few weeks. I made up some "Monster B Gone" spray and whenever I spray that she doesn't come in my room. But yea...nightmares are sucha pain.
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes they can. He may be having anxiety about something and it's filtering through in his dreams. He will work through it! I know it's hard to watch, and you don't want to see him go through it! My 4yo does stuff like that. I asked her about it and she has no clue what I'm talking about.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• my son has been doing this off and on for the past 8 month - not night terrors but he's a worrier anyway so he will wake and want to know where his shoes were like he had a bad dream about them, or just says Mommy over and over again - its not as often anymore and the only change I've made is just limiting sugar during the day...but still happen so I am not sure if its age or that -good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• my 3.5 year old is going through the same thing! It's so sad to hear her whimpering and calling for me. Her pedi said it was normal & most of the time she doesn't remember it.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yup.
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:44 AM on Sep. 9, 2010