Have you had to take your toddler to your prenatal appointment?

I have my 37 week prenatal appointment tomorrow and my husband is leaving town to be with his father during heart surgery. I have no friends in town, no drop in daycare, AND my doctor had to push it back to 11:15 which is right at the beginning of his naptime. My question is, did anyone do this and survive?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes I have. Just bring some toys they he hasn't seen in a while. He should probably play quietly in the corner. Mine did anyway.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yup I do
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes, almost every time. My hubby worked out of state. I'm laughing at it now, I remember getting a pelvic exam with a sheet covering while holding a toy and a bag of cheese its trying to distract her because all the nurses were too busy to take her in the hall for a minute(they usually did)! Thank God she doesn't remember, she was only 20 mos.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have taken 2 of my kids with me...it is just something you have to do sometimes. Don't worry, they are used to it in doctor's offices. Bring something to play with, he will probably be enamored by all the cool stuff in the office anyway. Blow up plastic gloves, bribe him with lollipops....lol Good Luck!!
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 10:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes I have. She was pretty good and listened to be nicely. Of course bring things to do and a snack to keep your child occupied.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 10:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yep. I had mine bring a favorite toy with to keep himself entertained during the visit and I also gave him a sugarless lolly as a 'reward' for being a good boy during the visit.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:18 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had to take my 3. They are 6, 3 at the time, and 1 to my 3 hour glucose test. I have to take the younger 2 everytime because they aren't in school. But the 3 hour test was a TOTAL nightmare. Especially becasuse they didn't want the kids to have their snacks in office. The other times haven't been so bad though.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would also bring your LO in a small stroller. That way there is no chance for them to be running around, he will be relatively contained so you don't have to worry about sprinting after him.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Me too I have to do this every two weeks he's 3 and I have to bring a stroller our waits are over an hr and he can't sit that long I bring books and small toys the nurses give him suckers and if I need an exam they cover me w a blanket and are quick about it he likes to watch the sono so he sits still for tht but yea it can be a nightmare but since my hubs is in the military and I don't know anyone to keep him its a must
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:31 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I wasn't allowed to bring my son to any OB appointments
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2010