Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Is there anything I can do?

Yesterday was a very interesting day in my family. My SIL got physically violent with my MIL. My hubby and I have not interacted with my SIL for a while now she is just out of control. But yesterday was a new low for her. My MIL left but we are all very worried. She has a nine month old that she very rarely takes care of. The poor baby wakes up at seven when he is with me or my MIL and with my SIL she keeps him in his bed til she is ready to wake up. usually around ten!! What if anything can we do for the baby? I have been up all night worried sick!!

Answer Question

Asked by countryhotmama at 10:10 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Level 7 (205 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Call DCFS..she doesn't sound like a good parent.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:13 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • Yea, I would call CPS...or offer to care for the baby yourself and see what she says.

    Answer by momof3josephs at 10:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • If the child was present when the violence occurred, all and report to CPS.

    Answer by justnancyb at 10:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • I agree - calling in authorities does seem like the next step.

    Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:21 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • Call CPS!

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:54 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • if your mother won't call the police and report the assault i think you can. if you are concerned about the child call CPS.

    Answer by figaro8895 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • If yall can afford it try to get the kid legally till the momma get herself together.

    Answer by mekarevell at 2:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.