How to help my hair grow!!

I was dumb and cut off my beautiful long hair at the begining of summer. Now I want it back, what will help?

countryhotmama

Asked by countryhotmama at 10:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• prenatal vitamins....they work great
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 10:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• extensions for the time being if you really want it back that bad...
    springsmom0322

Answer by springsmom0322 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have a client who was losing her hair and asked me to cut it off and color it dark. So we did. Noe I had never tried these prior to this, but I sent her home with the Nioxin Vitamins(oral tablets)and said let's try it. In three weeks she was sitting in the lobby waiting for me to start work! She had 1 inch of new, light brown regrowth and needed a cut and color again!!! Hair on average only grows a half and inch a month. I have used them myself and notice a difference too!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• A Good Shampoo.. i use Pantane....and a leave-in conditioner always work for me...oh yeah and try to avoid alot of heat on your hair...i stopped hot curlers for like 2-3months and did the rollers..(hated It) ..but it helped my hair to grow...hope that helps :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 10:21 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have learned this when my youngest hair was not grow past her shoulders and having issues with big chunks coming out. There is nothing you can do to make your hair grow fast or longer. We all have in our genetics how fast it will grow and how long it will get. Just need lots of patients.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Nothing can make your hair grow faster really. BUT you can help it become healthier, and thus stimulating it to grow to the potential it's suppose to grow. (in otherwords, if you've ever been anemic, you know how not taking your iron pills can slow you down, but when you do, you are moving and perky etc, health can make anything boot up to it's prime speed).

It's why so many women say prenatal vitamins work (because it boosts us to a good healthy level). Hair on average grows about 1 inch a month..

keep it trimmed... while I know it won't make your hair grow faster it does prevent breakage from occurring. Breakage will sometimes make hair appear like it's not growing because it's not healthy and it is breaking off.

And protien treatments help keep hair healthy as well. be sure it includes a nice scalp massage too *wink* Massage can stimulate the blood help growth.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• when your shampooing message your scalp for at least 3 minutes, i heard about it somewhere and try it a few times and it worked for me
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 1:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Take prenatal vitamins
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• When u start hating the the hair and can't get do anything about it, go shopping for a really cute hair accessory (barrette, head bands - they have lots of cute ones out there, scarves etc.) pull hair back, slick it to one side or something & dress it up w/ accessories. I've been there... a little bling helps get u get through a really bad hair day.
    thumbelina12

Answer by thumbelina12 at 1:36 AM on Sep. 13, 2010