how did you transition your LO into their crib in their room from a bassinet in your room??

gradually? cold turkey? when they wake up for a feeding do you stay in their room or take them to your room or another room in the house??

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm starting out with nap time during the day to get him use to it then gradually put him in his room during the night, I feed my son in the nursery during the night and living room during the day(easier in the living rm during the day to get to drinks and thats where I leave books to read to him while nursing.)
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I moved the bassinet into their room for a few days and then moved the babies into the crib.

Answer by Bmat at 10:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I kept him in his bassinet after putting it in his room for a few nights. Then put him in his crib. I did this with both my boys and didn't have any trouble at all.

hdb

Answer by hdb at 10:32 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I did cold turkey. For feedings, I stayed in their room.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• We started out with nap time for a few weeks. Then would put them there at night.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I used a crib in our room, then just moved the crib to their bedroom... Then they were used to sleeping in the crib, and didn't have to change beds in their room... It was pretty easy, I just moved the bed, and that was it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:30 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I never had an issue. My son outgrew his bassonet when he was 2 weeks old. My daughter was moved to her crib at 5 weeks, and she wasn't waking up to feed anymore by then
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I did it cold turkey at 6 weeks old. I moved him from a bassinet in my room to a crib in his own room. He never complained once :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My son went from bassinet in my room, to crib in his room at 3 months - COLD TURKEY. He sleeps MUCH better in his crib.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• From day one baby was placed in the crib. I had the crib at the foot of the bed and when baby would cry, I would get up. Once baby was sleeping more through the night, I simply moved the crib to the nursey. No problems at all.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2010