Still think it is just a religon? Still think it is so peaceful and fluffy bunnies?

Most here already know my opinion of Islam and I do not see it as only a religion..
Here is some more peacefullness just dripping from Islam..

Liberals take note of the link on the page refering to homosexuals as well..

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sister, loving my neighbor like myself doesn't change whether they are doing right or wrong. If my neighbor needs help I'll give them anything I can, stay up all night helping, or whatever it takes. If my neighbor does wrong I will report them to the cops, or outright shoot them ~ say if I caught them stealing my chickens.

Interpreting 'love thy neighbor as thyself' as literally as you state it would be stupid, and a waste of the common sense I believe I've been given. Ignoring what Islam states that it intends to do ~ and how ~ is like sitting in a fishbowl and ignoring the cat 5 barreling towards is. We all know how well that worked for some.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• This isn't the opinion of all Islam, just like similar comments from the Christian community don't reflect all of Christianity. ALL religions have extremists, and people that twist the core beliefs into something they are not.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:30 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i agree with scuba. there are a lot of people that take things to the extreme. How about Christian pro lifers that kill to protest abortions? they do not represent all Christians by any means. how about the burning of the Koran? i don't think that is what
    Jesus would do.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• And yet it's a TINY number compared to the deaths attributable to Christianity in its 2000 year existence. All these faithful and none of them get it right...

Of course that's NO excuse. But nobody gets to claim clean hands.

Here's the real deal. The problem is never the religion itself. It's the religious FOLLOWERS who think they MUST spread their Truth. AKA zealots, and they come in ALL stripes.

Cultivate YOUR OWN gardens. Let others look to their own souls. Yeah, I know the Bible says to spread the Gospel. It also says a lot of other things that I doubt even the most devout Christians pay any attention to. Here's one that seems to have been forgotten: Love your enemies.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:45 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• All religions have blood on their hands no religion is all about goodness and fluffy bunnies this is mans wake and claim back into Gods good graces that is why everything is done in the name of god or in the name of Allah. This is any religions history.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I agree that the people of that religion that do things like that are nuts. However, it's not the entire religion. Why don't you try posting a link from a site that isn't so freakin' biased?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:50 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• This world is a horrible place, no matter your religion or lack of religion. It is a fallen world filled with death, killing...ect.

But I HATE when people lump all Christians together b/c of radical Christians...so why would I want to do it to Islam?

YES there are horrible people who claim Islam as their faith.....just as their are HORRIBLE people who claim Christianity as their faith.

I dare not lump them all together...ever!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Pointing to the extremists in no way implicates the faith as a whole, or all of the BILLIONS of Muslims who don't act in such reprehensible ways.

Sadly,It does for those who look for any reason to spread hate and discord, and in the process stoop to the level of the group they despise. It's juvenile thinking and reasoning.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:51 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Loving I never said I hated anyone"

You didn't need to. Some things are apparent.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:51 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It was meant for you,not for Islam
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Sep. 8, 2010