How can I get my 9 month old to nap without being held?

My ds wakes up everytime I put him down after he falls asleep nursing. (At night he usually stays asleep, but not for naps.) If I hold him he'll sleep for an hour or two. But when I put him down he wakes up right away and then won't go back to sleep. Help!!

BabyKsMaMa

Asked by BabyKsMaMa at 1:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• let him CIO.
    Anonymous

• Put him down at the begining of his nap and let him cry himself to sleep. I did that for my daughter and it was the best thing i could have done! :) good luck!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• There is a new product out called the magic sleepsuit. It helps babies sleep better and longer. It helps muffle those twitshes that wake babies. Check it out at www.magicsleepsuit.com
    Anonymous

• put your baby on a schedule and let him cry. I did it for my son now when I lay him him in the bed he just goes off to sleep. and don't allow him to play in his bed, make sure he knows bed is not for play. its hard but it will get easier. it took my son about fifteen minutes to cry himself out.
    ayindemommy

Answer by ayindemommy at 1:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• While he may be a little too old for this new product, it really depends on his size. Check out www.magicsleepsuit.com. It is designed to help babies sleep better and longer.
    Anonymous