I DONT HAVE A DOCTOR YET IM WAITING 2 GET MY MEDICAID AND ITS TAKIN 4/EVER DOES NE ONE KNOW OF NE FREE CLINICS BESIDES PLANNED PARENTHOOD THAT I CAN GO 2 SO THEY CAN MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OKAY?

kim2316

Asked by kim2316 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd call Birthright, they may be able to help you out. The number is 1-866-576-2764 I know what you're going through, I'm 17 weeks pregnant and still waiting on Medicaid. I have been able to see a Doctor at a clinic willing to take me Medicaid pending, Birthright may be able to help you find a place like that in your area. If you need to talk, feel free to message me!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Have you talked to your local health department? They can usually help. Also get in contact with Social Services, and ask them if they can reccomend a program to help you until your medicaid comes in.
    I am pretty sure that medicaid back pays, so if you need to go; go to the doc, it should get paid when your medicaid comes in.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 2:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• an advice for medicaid!!! You have to call them because they will take for ever if you don't contact them regularly.(I had the same problem) Also when you call tell them about how long you waited and you have to see a doc. for the preg right away.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• mine hadnt kicked into affect and the doctor said i could still come in,you should just call the doctor of your choice and see if theyll take you mine did.
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 3:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• See if you have a crisis prgenancy center near you, if so, call and talk to them.
    mitty75

Answer by mitty75 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i went to pregnancy care center, they gave me the free preg test, which i need for the medicaid and an ultrasound for free. I think it is like a crisis center. its is funded through the communtity and churches. the health dept. hooked me up wiht them
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2008