Do you have thick, curly hair?

What hairstyle do you have? I go in Friday for a style/cut/color. It's naturally deep dark brown so blonde or really light is out of the question (too much maintenance). Also, I have a square face.
Thoughts on length and style? I'm so over this mop.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I use to have thick curly hair.. (now it's thin curly hair, lol).

Questions you need to ask your stylist or yourself for picking a hairstyle/color...

what is your skin tone (warm or cool?) What is your eye color?
    you are going to want a color that brings the tone of your skin out, and your eye color. (if you want to pm me with your answers, I'll gladly try to help post some styles that would work for you).
    How must time are you willing to put into a hair style? Are you willing to straighten it daily? Or do you want a versatile look, where you can straighten it, or just do a wash and go whenever you feel like it?
    typically with a square face you want something that brings volume around the temple to cheek area, and some soft fringe around the temple and chin area.. to soften a square face.. If you are willing to straighten it daily, you can try a chin length look.. but it's a lot of maintanence with thick curly hair
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Hi, I have thick, bushy curly hair. My hair is shoulder length. I do like it ., Use Ouidad it works wonders. Ask the hairdresser where u can get it. Good luck
    Kylie64

Answer by Kylie64 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• How long is your hair? As a stylist I think curls are beautiful and should be embraced. I LOVE to do darker brown as a base color with some fine golden blonde highlites so the highlite looks like it just ribbons around the curl! A longer layer usually helps with maitenence and removing bulk from the sides and back(underneath only) makes a huge difference. Also styling with a curl definer cream like Curls Rock from Tigi and maybe a styling serum or Morrocan oil curl cream works wonders.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i wear mine long, thinned and with lots of layers. after i wash i either blow dry it straight (when i have time) or put mousse and scrunchy it up. the mousse weighs it down, controls the curls and keeps the frizzies away. i've tried a million different haricuts, but with 3 littles ones i really needed something easy and that still looked 'cute.' the thining ( i have VERY thich hair) and layering really helped with controlling the curls and maintaning it.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 12:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Nope. I have straight, flat hair. lol.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010