Does the tea party scare you?

“These are not your run-of-the-mill Republicans we’re talking about here,” said one Democratic organizer working in a state with a contested Senate race this fall. “When you actually start telling voters what these candidates are about, it scares the hell out of them.”

In the past several weeks, when Democratic activists cite the ramifications of a “Tea Party Congress,” they say, more volunteers have signed up to knock on doors to preserve a Democratic-led House and Senate.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 10:45 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL no

and using the same ole 'its all of Bushs fault' was very predictable and the loss of effect in favor of dems was also very predictable..

Sooner or later they and O have to acknowledge the part they have played in this wreck..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I support them. They democrats are just employing the liberal rules of debate in trying to smear the tea party because they know it has been effective.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:54 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Doesn't scare me at all - in fact, I tend to agree with them.

Answer by missanc at 10:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Not at all. I support them!
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Not one iota. I have been to a couple of Tea Parties. I really don't see them as any ONE kind of person. Anything Libs have chosen to label them with has not stuck nor will it. They just need to face the fact that these Conservatives who don't believe the Government should be spending our money with abandon are around to stay.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Not at all.

Actually, I think it's great that people have come together and have moved beyond the complaining-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• ............only if they don't have Cranberry Orange Scones..................... jk

Nope! I happen to be one of those evil tea partier's they are warning people about!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:27 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• anyone that is an extreme rightist or leftist scares me. Extreme liberals are JUST as bad
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:48 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Not at all, I support what they are doing and their goals.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Scare me? Yeah, but not in the way you think. What I worry about is that the TEA Party will split votes and things WILL NOT change because incumbents will wind up getting majorities and we will NOT see the balance of power changing.

Republicans have far more to fear from the Tea Party than anyone else.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010