Time to go?

Ok so my hubby and i have been married for a year and a half. we have a daughter together and another on the way. The last three days have been hell. We have fought non stop. This morning he got up-didn't go to work b/c he was sick- and got mad at me because I didn't wake him up to eat pancakes. He has told me to leave, but I will not leave my daughter with him and he won't let me take her. I haven't got a penny to my name, no where to go but mom and dad's which i would rather not. I have some friends that would prob help me out but they are also friends with him...I don't know what to do....Seems like my marriage is failing. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• I'd leave him with the kid. I'm sure he knows you won't leave without her, so doing it, and him having to take on full responsibility might just make him more grateful to have you around. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• First you need to get a job so that if you must leave you can. (that is if you dont already have one:)) If you already have one then start saving. There is always couples counceling to consider if you really want this to work. Good luck:) I am in a similar position! your not alone
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't go anywhere without my child. Get a job if you don't have one and stay with someone until you can get going on your own.
    kwhite0609

Answer by kwhite0609 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Never leave the baby. And if you are Un happy then you need to do whats best for you and your child. Sometimes things will hurt and you will feel weak , But you will get back on your feet. Never stay in a relashionship because of children, I have and I tell you its not worth it. And the kids always know when your not happy. Do what you have to . And make sure you do it the right way. dont just run out with no where to go. Make plans and get things in line. Then go. If you ever want to chat im here. Just add me as a friend. Have a great week. I hope things get better .
    Patty
    MOMofTwo_99_00

Answer by MOMofTwo_99_00 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Is it just the last 3 days that have been bad, or the past year and a half? I wouldn't leave over 3 days. A lot of marriages seem to struggle around that time. Is there anyone you can talk to that can help you work things out?
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 2:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• marriages aren't perfect and leaving doesn't work. maybe taking a break would help you out. if he is good with the baby go away for a couple days and give yourselves some time and peace. then you can have make up sex.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree. Leaving is not the answer. I've been married for 7 years, and I admit that I've thought about leaving several times, especially during the bad fights. But I'm so glad I haven't! Life is HARD, whether you are married, single, parent or not a parent. There is no "greener grass" on the other side. I wouldn't suggest getting a job either. That is just going to drive you guys further apart. (Besides the fact that you have a little one and you are pregnant!) My advice: Turn to God. He knows you, He loves you. He knows everything you're going through. And He knows your husband inside and out. Ask Him the simple question "Will you help me through this?" He's never let me down.
    Best wishes to you - my name is Maureen, and I'd love to talk to you more about this if you want.
    maureen-3boys

Answer by maureen-3boys at 2:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'm not a fan of telling a woman when and how to leave her mate. It's not in me. I DO NOT believe in people staying together for the benefit of a child. It's not fair to anyone. I will say that relationships especially marriages go on rollercoasters. At times things are said in the heat of the moment. Now if YOU feel that there's something worth salvaging then by all means do what you can. Relationships are assumed to be 50/50 when they should be 100/100. Don't cheat yourself. Pick your battle. You're in a situation right now. You may even feel trapped because you rely on him (no savings). That's ok, you're not alone. I've been married for 7 years. I've been from hell and back. Pick up the pieces that are worth saving and make them work...with his help. Good Luck!
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 3:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I can relate except I don't think I have anyone to turn too.
    Anonymous

• OK so maby i wasn't clear. No it hasn't been just the past 3 days. It's gotten worse and he doesn't show me affection or want to spend time with me unless its 5 min for a quikie.
    Anonymous