If Islam is such a peaceful religion,

then why are so many worried about a backlash from the stupid church that is going to burn the Koran? It seems they would just brush it off like the Christians do when a bible is burned.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:49 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because they all know there are MANY radicals and Islam isn't JUST a religion it is more than that..it is a political movemoent of sorts..

Our country is going the way of England..catering to Islam for fear of any backlash..screaming about this guy saying he is going to burn the Koran (which I do not agree with burning books by the way)...and it's all over the media..somehow if it was muslims burning a Bible I doubt it would be this big of a display with condement..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:04 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I wondered this yesterday in answer to a question and was promptly told "we are not afraid!" What is it then?

I also believe Islam has strayed from its roots. It has become VERY political and the Radical version is not only cult like, but is growing at a much faster rate than the non-radical version. This is easily evidenced in the Muslim on Muslim attacks we see around the world.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:24 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Some of us are not so black and white.... We can separate the concepts of radical and terrorist (crazy) from faithful and worshipping. As the General stated, the target is the troops- some would prefer less violence and fewer deaths associated with that atrocity-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• What this little church have for a congregation? 35 folks or so? lol..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Notice how many have sympathy and disgust for someone saying they will burn Korans and how innappropriate it is etc etc...but they cannot understand the feelings of those against the moque being built so close to GZ?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• There are radical people in every religion....some are better at ignoring ignorance than others.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:09 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• "As for being afraid, its not Islam as a whole that anyone is afraid of, but those who intentionally distort the Muslim message and have already shown that they are not above resorting to ways that are contrary to the faith."

I live about a mile from a mosque, and I don't have a problem with them being there. I'm not afraid of Muslims. I'm afraid of Muslim *terrorists*, and I think I have good reason to be. (I'm also afraid of terrorists who aren't Muslim!)
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 11:44 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Because the masses are uneducated.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:51 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Exactly, Carpy.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Sympathy for muslims that is and disgust for the man of that tiny church
    tnmomofive