I have a friend thinking of abortion...

I have a friend who is pregnant. She has a little girl.She is a year and a half old. She lives in the bad part of downtown Houston. I don't know this girl very well, she was a friend in Junior High who happened to find me on myspace. She doesn't want the baby. I am against abortion, and I would never do that to my baby. But I also know that some people don't think that way. And I definitely think that if the baby is not wanted that it would have a harder life and may be better off being aborted. The problem that I face is, since she can't afford the abortion, she is going to try to miscarry. She is going to overdose her body with vitamin c for a few days.

dlwsbjmknox

Asked by dlwsbjmknox at 2:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Please contact BirthRight, Now!!
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My neice was born at 24 weeks and has lots of medical problems including colorblindness, blindness, cataracs, bone density problems, learning disabilities all from a mother who tried to abort her baby using drugs... This sickens me, but I want to be a little blue bird in her ear directing her... any options? Suggestions?
    dlwsbjmknox

Answer by dlwsbjmknox at 2:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• She could still have the baby, but it could be born with disabilities. If she didn't want the baby she should have practiced safe sex.
    Anonymous

• I agree, this is what I am trying to convince her not to do. She is gung ho on trying to miscarry no matter what I tell her. I agree, she should have practiced safe sex... I am not having an abortion.. she is.. I appreciate your input, but this does not help the situation or answer my question.
    dlwsbjmknox

Answer by dlwsbjmknox at 2:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• This isn't someone you have actually SEEN? Because it sounds like she's pulling a hoax on you.

"Vitamin C
    High doses can cause diarrhea and upset stomach, and can also cause newborn scurvy."

It won't make her miscarry...and scurvy is treatable these days.

I thinkn someone is pulling someone's leg.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• you should counsel her to contact an organization in her area that could help her find a good hope for the baby instead.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I've met her about 10 times since I've been back in contact with her. She is not pulling my leg, I've seen the test. I don't know her well enough to say that she is my good friend... but she is a friend... I'll be sure to tell her that it will only cause the baby to be born with problems. I cannot convince this girl to do it the right way. I understand that this site is def going to be against abortion... but she is either going to harm this baby brutally or she is going to kill it... Don't you think it should be the right way?
    dlwsbjmknox

Answer by dlwsbjmknox at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Why doesn't she put the baby up for adoption? There are many people who are looking to adopt. This baby deserves a chance.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Maybe you should try to talk to her about other options, like putting the baby up for adoption. That way she doesnt have to worry about raising another child if she doesnt want to and she would be giving a couple who can't have kids a family. There are a lot of people on this site looking to adopt and a ton of adoption groups where she could find information. And adoption wouldn't cost her a penny. I hope this helps. It's awesome that you are trying to steer her in a better direction!
    BobMariah

Answer by BobMariah at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Hmmm...this is a tough situation. Maybe you could look up some stuff on the internet about all the things that could go wrong with this, then print it off and give it to her. That's really the only thing I can think of. I am 110% pro-life, but I won't get into that right now. lol. I think that you're being a great friend by trying to help her through this instead of just judging her and making her feel guilty. Is there any way for her to get counseling? Just a thought...
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008