Does anyone else find the anti Islam faction a tad obsessive?

maybe another hundred questions will change everyone's mind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL! I am sick of hearing about Islam all-together. Suddenly every other post in P&C and R&B is about Islam one way or another. There are other religions, ya know? And actually, tnmom, I bet if you counted them, there have been a hundred, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:59 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Islam is not a religion of violence. There are radical Muslims just as there are radical Christians. Neither Islam nor Christianity is to blame.
    errantmommy

Answer by errantmommy at 10:58 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Anytime someone chooses radicals to define a religion it's offensive to me and leads me to believe the person(s) spreading the propaganda are ignorant and extremists themselves. One could say something inflammatory about every single religion in existence, but most don't because they take an educated view of the religion as a whole.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It's more than a "tad offensive" it's highly offensive, ignorant, disrespectful, demeaning and disgusting!

It's all the things America isn't supposed to be! And frankly, more than anything, it's shameful!

I have always been a proud American. I have always been the first to say that even for all it's flaws, this IS the greatest country on the planet... But this trend, has honestly made me a little less willing to be so proud... I don't ever want someone to think I would willingly lump myself together with such people!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• People do the same with anti-Christianity in R&B.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:57 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• The ignorant hicks who are anti-Islam haven't even taken the time to talk to people who practice the religion, nor have they taken the time to truly study it themselves. Those individuals are fools who couldn't think for themselves if they tried, and I'm sick of it both on the internet and IRL.

I know plenty of Muslims and they are far more peaceful and loving than most ignorant Bible thumpers I know. It's not the religion that's bad, it's a group of people who use the religion to move forward with their own agenda. No different than the KKK really, if you think about it. They are able to recruit people into their cult-like way of thinking by preying on people who are searching for anything that will make their lives better. It's no different from the many cults that have existed over the years who claim to be Christian.

It's funny though...those who spread hatred about Islam are not better than the terrorists they despise.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Very obsessive I'm ready for them to give it a rest!!
    kelly5890

Answer by kelly5890 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think it's all based on fear and individual interpretation of the Quran (which according to members of the faith, does not translate well-I guess many here speak and read Arabic). Unfortunately, hatred abounds. Is hatred a Christian value? Wonder how Americans would feel if troops from the ME walked on US soil for 10 years, trying to help us "get our acts" together? LOTS of people think the US is screwed up (heck, look at the ?s and answers here today). I think we have plenty of issues HERE and amongst our own to deal with, so perhaps THAT should be the focus.

It's a lot like going to your yearly physical and finding your Dr. overweight and reeking of stale cigarette smoke, attempting to educate you on diet, fitness and living a life filled with healthy habits.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I agree Sisteract.
    And,yes,it gets old. We all know about the issues.....
    Obssessive, yup. Its like....beating a dead horse....etc.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Maybe if we tallied up over the last month or more loving lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2010