Is it possible that I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions?

I'm 21 weeks and have been noticing that every once in a while my belly seems to tighten up for a few seconds then relaxes, it does'nt hurt just feels funny.

Fidgit05

Asked by Fidgit05 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yup
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Be careful. Talk to your doctor.He may want bedrest for u.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:06 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yes mam... that would be those an as you get closer they could get more intense
    djdiddles62

Answer by djdiddles62 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Thats how my braxton hicks started... yes it does get more intense later on... i would still let the doc know tho because with my 3rd baby i was having this at 37 weeks and didnt think anything of it. I always went by the if its not a min long dont worry. Well that night i started to bleed. When i got to the hospital my pains were still not a min long or 5 mins apart but i was dilated to 9.5. Always tell the doc about the smallest pain or discomfort just to be safe.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i experienced that with my second son. i didn't know that those were contractions. my son was born at 32 weeks. talk to your dr. about it. be sure to eat properly and enough. be sure to drink enough water. be sure to keep physical and emotional stress at a minimum!!!
    good luck mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes and sometimes they are brought on by dehydration. Try drinking more water and seeing if they stop or decrease.

But you can still have them even if you are hydrated. Just be sure to tell your dr.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2010