I am in so much PAIN....has anyone ever had a plantars wart and how did you get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Health

• I googled it to try and find some info for you and I found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_wart

their first recommended treatment is salacylic acid (acne medicine)

I do have a friend that found that athlete's foot cream cleared here's up though so you could try that too.

the other options are having it frozen or removed surgically.

one note that I just found out- it is caused by HPV which is also now known to cause cervial cancer so I'd recommend getting a papsmear.

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes I have had them, and more than once. I tried everything over the counter and nothing worked. I ended up having to go to a dermatologist. I had to go every week or two until the warts were gone. They froze them off. It was painful, but worth it.
    kwhite0609

Answer by kwhite0609 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Did they give you pain medication for the pain....I swear this thing is getting bigger every day?
    Anonymous

• I have them. I had them lazerd off by a foot doctor. It hurt so bad and then they came back anyways. They are caused by a virus that once you get, you can't get rid of them. I don't know how to make them go away for good. The doctor said they tend to flare up when you are under stress. If you find something that works please let us know!
    Anonymous

• Ok, this is going to sound gross, but I heard on another post here that peeing on your feet in the shower works. I know it works for athletes foot but haven't tried it on a wart yet cus I don't have one.
    Anonymous

• I had one and I used the wart remover for planter warts pads and the liquid also I put the liquid on it then the pad thing on it and left it on over night I did this for several weeks it finally went away and so far I havent had one since I never had any kind of wart until that one.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 4:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I had one for five years. I tried duct tape, salilyc acid, wart remover, freezing them at the doctor office, and freezing them at home. Nothing helped. Until I stopped trying to get rid of it. I finally gave up because all the freezing was just as painful as the wart, so I just scraped the dead skin off the wart every few days or so to relieve the pressure, and one day a few months after I gave up I noticed it was gone.
    BarbaraMarie

Answer by BarbaraMarie at 5:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• thanks anonymous for mentioning my post.... my husband had planters when he came home from iraq... they were very disgusting.. he tried treating them by frezzing them and wart removers ect... and i told him to start peeing on his feet in the shower.. the amonia in ur urine will help kill them... i know it sounds gross but it will help i would also recommed still trying wart removers... DH put a coat on in the morning then at night... GL i am sure they hurt!!

becareful walking around when u are seeding... the black pod things.. thats when others can get them
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2008