In your own experience do you or did do pull this with your ex & did/will you ever stop? ?

My dh's ex wife texts him constantly and it drives me nuts! Like in a how dare you contact my man more than me in a day kind of way. Dh does not want to spend $ to block her # so that is out. We have asked her to send emails unless it is an emergency but she never complies, despite the fact that email is not an inconvenience for her. She is just being contradictory. Besides that she asks us for $ all the time. Truth is she has the $ and is a tightwad. She will send sd to our house, obviously needing a doctor b/c she wants us to pay. It's stupid to make sd suffer but the ex is VERY tight & selfish. She asks us to send $ to help out with extracurricular activities. Isn't that what CS is for? Personally, I would never ask my ex for $ and would keep contact to a minimum. Do you ask for $ beyond your legal entitlement? Have you found yourself looking for any reason to contact your ex and when did you realize you look the fool?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• isnt thwere someone u can contact regarding this?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• She sounds like a bitch
    LoveU4Eva

Answer by LoveU4Eva at 11:09 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• can he ignore the text messages?

imo, text messaging is for teens and/or emergencies
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• ex's r nuts.. especially if its a baby mama
    djdiddles62

Answer by djdiddles62 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• No, i would never EVER ask my Ex for money. Although, we have joint legal/physical custody & told the judge that neither of us needed child support from the other & she said OK. So, neither of us are obligated to pay each other anything. When she does have extra curricular activities, i will ask her dad if he wants to pay for part of it. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. But, we're financially OK. Neither of us need money from each other. If he is already paying child support, then he has no obligation to give her more money. I talk to my ex a few times a week. I have no desire to conversate with him, unless it has to do with my DD. I will avoid him at all costs if i have no reason to talk to him...lol.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• careful dj....there are many "ex baby momma's" on here, & we're not all crazy thank you....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Honestly, I do contact my ex about things that concern our son. He very rarely participates with anything our son is doing, but I am not going to let him be able to tell my son he didn't because he did not know. Will I stop? No. The reason, like I said, my ex uses I didn't know you had a game or a play or whatever all the time. Then my little one was upset with me (Mommy why didn't you tell Daddy?) So, now I text, and tell my son, hey I sent your Dad a text about your game. He knows you have one. As far as the money, I get no child support, but yeah, I do let him know when we owe on a Dr. bill or when he has extracurriculars that need paid for. That being said, he never pays them. But, if I got child support, I would not expect him to pay anything while my child was with me. But, when he was with him, yeah I would expect him to get what he needed. But, I would never not take my child to a Dr! That is crazy!!!

mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I can't tell who is more the fool. Him for being tight with money and not just blocking her or turning off the text which adults don't need anyway, you for being jealous of his ex, or her for being dumb enough to text a guy like him. The truth is, if he didn't want to have so much contact with her, he would ignore her or block her. He also needs to support his child, and no, extra curriculars are not covered by child support. She probably does this because she knows you don't like it and he allows it to go on because he likes the attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have an ex that does NOT have my cell number, he has my Hubby's if he needs anything. He also has his email just in case. He doesn't know boundaries, so we had to make them for him. It didn't cost anything to change my number, and give him my Hubby's info in case he needs to contact us. He doesn't have a girlfriend/wife and I wish he would, so he would leave us alone... He doesn't pay his court ordered support on time, just sends the minimum so he won't get arrested. We don't care. I don't ask him for anything money wise because I know he won't help. We really don't need it anyway.
    There are ways to stop the insaninty, just a few easy steps and you would have peace. If you don't then it just tells me you like the drama...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:18 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Im lucky, the hubby & his ex wife do not have any children together so we they spilt up that was it. Im sorry that you are being put through this. as for the other money besides child support, that depends on what it is for. I think extra activities should be split between the two parents evenly... Because child support is just that, money to support the child, food living, clothes. If they child is old enough to work then they should pay for their own, but if the child is young then both parents should be paying half of what is needed for say Football, or band.

As for the money for the doctor, some states have the person who's paying child support cover that also, But in truth I would report her for not taking the child to the doctor if its needed. Bad parenting right there...

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:18 AM on Sep. 8, 2010