skin discoloration 7 yr old

My daughter has eczema. Her skin on her arms face are discolored, (ligtyer patches) which I believe maybe from her ointments (protopic) will her normal skin solor come back, most noticable the places she had her breakoouts. Is there anything I can get to help this, prescription, vitamins?

DKK2010

Asked by DKK2010 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

• have you tried other stuff for the eczema besides protopic? it's a little harsh on children .. idk what to do about the discoloration though sorry..... my ds has eczema on his arms abd the skin is a little discolored there but his is just bc that skin is alot drier
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It will come back. It just takes awhile. U don't need to put anything on it. I speak from experience.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:24 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• my son has a few of those discolored spots on his arm, back and chest. she probably had a slightly eczema break out (my son's was not visually noticeble) and got some sun on top of it. when her "tan" fads, they discoloration will as well.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 12:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010