Has anyone had a pitocin induction without epidural or other pain meds?

SweetOrangeMama

Asked by SweetOrangeMama at 11:18 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wasn't induced, I was already in labor and my dumb ass doctor gave me a hellish dose of Pitocin, but, I finished out the labor with no epidural or pain meds. Next time..I am not having a baby in a hospital with and OB.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yep.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:19 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My sister had pitocin induction but she did have an epidural, although she told us that it wore off right as she was pushing! OUCH! I cant imagine having a baby without an epidural. :P
    KrazyKutie

Answer by KrazyKutie at 11:20 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Not me, I got my epidural as soon as I got my first pain... But my girlfriend did... And I have a friend who they gave an epi to, but then told her she had to let it wear off before she could push - the point of that I'm not sure...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:21 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• with my 1st i had pitocin and an epidural but the epi didn't take and i felt everything it was like an intense burning sensation
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I wish I would have but after 29 hours and a continous contraction (40 minutes long) I didn't have anything left to keep me from panicking so I gave in.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had the highest dosage of pitocin they could give me and didn't have any pain meds. I actually sat and played games on my ipod while I was in labor.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 11:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i had pitocin to induce... i planned on no meds but the contractions were so much worse that i couldnt handle it and ended up having an epidural. that was my second. my 3rd was all natural i really believe the pitocin was the cause of the horrible contractions.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I did with my first, it wasn't any different than the no-pitocin birth of my second. It happened quicker, but neither was horribly painful or anything.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:25 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes. With my second baby I had an induction at 39 weeks. I had been walking around at 4cm for weeks. I went in at 8am and was given the pitocin by 9:30am. I started having contractions but they did not hurt. I chatted with my mom and sister and we played cards. Around 1pm the contractions were getting more intense but not painful. At 2:12pm the midwife broke my water and I was 6cm. We were still joking and talking and I noticed the attendants getting the room ready for the birth and I was surprised by it I didn't feel ready to have the baby. All of the sudden the contractions really started to be painful and about 20 minutes later he was born. Only an hour after my water broke.
    It was by far my easiest birth.

My nurse was sure I was going to want the epidural because of the pitocin and kept pushing it until I told her off.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:25 AM on Sep. 8, 2010